*New Feature Coming Soon*
What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
Changes on PO Order Lines happen for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, SourceDay PO Collaboration is working to make sure buyers and suppliers are up to date on all PO changes. To add to the clarity, SourceDay is updating an important PO Collaboration workflow: Buyer Changes and Rejections. Suppliers will be able to respond to these occurrences with a new action of "Confirm."
Confirm is available to suppliers on order lines that the buyer has changed the qty, cost, or date on their PO (within their ERP) or the buyer has rejected a proposed change from the supplier. In these instances the supplier can select to confirm the values listed on the Purchase Order - indicating to the buyer they can meet the qty, cost , or date. Or the supplier can propose changes.
How Do I Do It?
Order lines with changes from the buyer and with rejected supplier proposals will be under the Suppliers Update tab.
1. Select the order line(s) from the Updates tab and click "Accept/Propose" on the Action Menu. (This is replacing the previous "Update" action).
2. Review the Last Message on the PO Line, this will outline if the buyer made a change in their ERP or if the buyer has rejected a supplier proposed change. The message will also indicate your next steps as a suppler.
- For example if the buyer is rejected a proposed change from the supplier a message like this should be listed: "Buyer rejected price, quantity, date proposal(s), please review the PO and confirm current values are good. If not, please propose changes to the buyer."
3. If the PO values are ok, select Confirm. Alternatively, you can select Propose or Hold.
- Propose will enable suppliers to propose changes
- Hold will simply keep the order line in the suppliers update tab without any actions take on that line. If you've selected multiple orders to review this feature allows to take actions on the other order lines while holding this one.
4. Once confirmed, the order lines will move out of the Supplier's Update Tab.