What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
Changes on PO Order Lines happen for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, SourceDay PO Collaboration is working to help buyers and suppliers stay up to date on all PO changes. To add to the clarity, SourceDay is updating an important PO Collaboration workflow: Supplier Confirmation Suppliers will be able to respond to updates on orders coming due (Radar), Buyer made changes on the order, and Buyer rejected supplier proposed changes with a new action of "Confirm."
Confirm is available to suppliers on order lines that the buyer has changed an important piece of information like the qty, cost, or date on their PO (within their ERP). Confirm is also an option when the buyer has rejected a proposed change from the supplier. In these instances the supplier can select to confirm the values listed on the Purchase Order - indicating to the buyer they can meet the qty, cost , or date. Or the supplier can propose changes. Confirm is also available if the Buyer company has enabled "Radar Confirmation". This means that orders will require a confirmation once they have moved to the Radar tab in SourceDay.
How Do I Do It?
Order lines requiring a confirmation will be under the Suppliers Update tab.
1. Select the order line(s) from the Updates tab and click "Accept/Propose" on the Action Menu. You can learn more about why the order line is in your Updates Tab by review the comment icon in the Flags column. Hover to review.
- For example if the buyer is rejected a proposed change from the supplier a message like this should be listed: "Buyer rejected price, quantity, date proposal(s), please review the PO and confirm current values are good. If not, please propose changes to the buyer."
- If the order is coming due the message may say "this order is within the Radar Range please confirm that you can still meet the current values."
2. Review the Last Message on the PO Line, this will outline if the buyer made a change in their ERP or if the buyer has rejected a supplier proposed change.
3. If the PO values are ok, select Confirm. Alternatively, you can select any of the available actions:
- Confirm lets your buyer know you can meet the terms of the order (used when the buyer rejects your proposed changes or is making changes to the PO Line within their ERP and when an order crosses the Radar Threshold as set by the buyer)
- Accept lets the buyer know that you accept their proposed change & updates the PO Line
- Propose allows suppliers to counter propose changes & send the PO Line back to the buyer
- Hold keeps the PO line in the suppliers update tab without any actions take on that line. If you've selected multiple orders to review this feature allows you to take actions on the other order lines while holding this one in the updates tab.
- Reject sends the buyer proposed changes back with your message.
- Cancel sends the buyer a proposed cancelation of the order line. (Coming Soon)
4. Once confirmed, the order lines will move out of the Supplier's Update Tab. You can find all open order lines on the All Open Tab.