What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
For suppliers with few open orders a month email is an ideal "just in time" way for them to collaborate and manage POs. Other suppliers may want the big picture visibility that becoming a platform user offers. The best part of being a platform user is that you retain all the good, just in time collaboration as an email users and enhanced visibility of all their POs. Suppliers can choose what works best for them - email only, platform access or a combination of both.
How Does a Supplier Become a Platform User?
- First off, buyer Admins will need to activate them for PO Delivery.
- Suppliers create an account three different ways
- Clicking on a link within their Welcome Email
- A link in their email notifications
- By clicking on "Create Account" on the Interactive PO Details Page.
- Suppliers will fill in their email address,using the same email address that received the new PO or reminder digest.
- If the email is found, and the account is already created, the user will be sent a login link where they can reset their password if needed.
- If the email is found and an account has not been created, the supplier will be prompted to verify their email address, they will just need to click the "Verify" button in the email.
- If the email address cannot be found, the user can easily open a support ticket by following the prompts on the screen. Our onboarding team will work with you the buyer and the supplier user requesting access to verify that the individual should have access to your POs.
- Once "Verify" is clicked the user will be sent to the next step which is to create a password and the user will be auto-logged in to the SourceDay platform.
- The user will be shown an optional walk through that will take them through the basics of acknowledging and updating orders. They can skip the training by clicking "Go to Product" however, it is recommended that they view the training. The training can be accessed if skipped by clicking "Need Help" in the top right corner.
What Happens Once They Are Logged In?
When the user is logged in they will be able to:
- See the entire supplier dashboard and all of the functionality that comes with that view
- See the shipments dashboard in order to monitor, view, ship and unship from one dashboard
- Set their email digest frequency under their account settings
- Ability to use tasks to update any PO lines that need an action in 1 location
- Access Reporting and the ability to run reports
That's it, you made it through the whole guide! As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact support by clicking on "Need Help" in the top right hand corner when you're in product, or by clicking on "Submit a Request" on the top, right-hand section of this page. We're here to help if you need us.
This Guide will take you through:
- Overview of Unified Supplier Collaboration
- Activating a user as a SourceDay email user
- What the supplier experience will look like for an email user
- What the supplier experience will look like for an platform user (you are here)