**Changes Coming Soon**
What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
SourceDay is excited to release a new enhancement to the Invoice Automation platform: Advanced Edit. Need to make edits to the invoice number? The invoice date? SourceDay has you covered. If there's been an error with the invoice to PO Line Association or an edit needs to be made to the invoice number or invoice date, users will no longer be forced to re-upload the invoice. Advanced Edit gives you the capability to edit invoices on the fly!
- Available on the Mismatched, Awaiting Receipt, and Matched tabs
How Do I Do It?
When an invoice lands in the Mismatched, Awaiting Receipt, or Matched tab, the user will now have the capability to conduct Advanced Edit actions to the invoice.
- Upon landing on one of the selected tabs listed above, click the invoice(s) you wish to edit and select 'Advanced Edit Invoice' from the Action Menu. This will open the Advanced Edit Modal and provide an opportunity for users to edit the:
- Invoice Line to PO Line Association (New)
- Invoice Number & Date (New)
- GL Codes
- Invoice Line Unit Price & Qty
How to Edit the Invoice Line to PO Line Association
With Advanced Edit, users can now change the PO Line that the Invoice Line is linked with - whether the user picked a different line in Needs Review or if SourceDay connected the lines automatically.
- When the Advanced Edit window opens the connected Invoice Line and PO Line will be shown. In the image below Invoice #500 Line 1 is shown as associated with a line from PO#500.
- To change the association click on Show PO Lines.
- In the example below we can now view two additional lines from PO#500 that could be associated with Line 1 from the Invoice.
- Simply uncheck the current PO Line and select a different PO Line to associate the full invoice amount with the new PO Line (as shown below). The + & - symbols help you keep track of your progress.
- Remember an Invoice Line can be associated with multiple PO Lines if necessary, by checking more than one box. Users will need to fill in the Matched Qty (like in the example below).
How Do I Edit the Other Fields?
Let's take a closer look at the additional editable fields: Invoice Number & Date (New), GL Codes and Invoice Line Unity Price & Qty.
- At the top of the Advanced Edit window, note how edits can be made to the Invoice Number & Date.
- As you navigate through the editable fields, you'll also note that edits can be applied to the respective GL charges, such as shipping and freight, just like in the simple Edit Action.
- As you continue to view the editable fields, there is also the capability to edit the Invoice Line Unit Price and Quantity.
Note that charges can be associated with the invoice header and subsequent GL Code (helpful for charges like freight that are listed as an invoice line item).