PO Exceptions is an additional feature that Sourceday offers. This feature is only accessible from the PO Management platform and must be enabled by SourceDay.
SourceDay’s PO Exceptions dashboard helps you understand how PO exceptions impact revenue, cash flow, and working capital. The module uses change suggestions from your MRP to assess the revenue and cash flow that is at risk. This visibility helps you prioritize which PO lines to action, based on their potential impact to your business.
PO Change Suggestions generated from the MRP trigger automatic notification of exceptions to the supplier, which improves visibility and responsiveness to the required changes. In turn, each change requires confirmation by the supplier to verify quantity, price, and delivery using the collaboration platform. This closed-loop execution eliminates “blind-spots” and ensures the accuracy and transparency of supply & demand balance.
As demand from ERP changes, SourceDay provides summarized visibility of “move-ins” and “move-outs,” which provides strategic opportunities to protect revenue and optimize cash-flow.
The PO Exceptions dashboard makes it easy to view the total value of move-ins, move-outs, and cancellations in one place.
Move Ins (At-Risk Revenue)
Move Ins represent a change in demand requiring PO receipt earlier than originally expected. Earlier receipt of raw goods creates an opportunity to produce, ship, and invoice Finished Goods sooner, thereby protecting revenue.
Move Outs (Cashflow)
Move Outs represent a change in demand requiring PO receipt later than originally expected. Later receipt of raw goods creates an opportunity to delay payments required, and free-up working capital (Optimize Cashflow).
Cancellations (Excess Inventory & Working Capital)
Cancellations are parts you no longer need. They can become excess inventory, which ties up your working capital and increases inventory carrying costs.
Views & Statuses
The PO Exceptions feature allows you to view and filter exception messages based on the current status of the order.
- All exception messages before being filtered by current status
- Exceptions when the planning commit date is sooner than the current due date
- Exceptions needed after the current due date on the order
- MRP claims the parts on the order are no longer needed
- PO lines are needed sooner but a specific required date is currently unknown
- Date of the receipt is later than the date of the cross-reference requirement (job)
The PO Exceptions dashboard will display Exception Messages syncing from the MRP and the New Requested Dates parsed from the exception messages.
- The exception message displayed is generated and synced into the PO Exceptions dashboard directly from the MRP.
New Requested Date
- The new requested date is generated by the MRP through the exception message and can be manually updated. This date will be communicated to the supplier when you update the order with the Request Change action.
- Optional field to add a note to be delivered to your supplier with the Request Change or Cancel Line actions.
This icon indicates that the PO is already awaiting a vendor response on the PO Management dashboard.
The PO Exceptions dashboard allows buyers and planners to take action on each exception message directly in SourceDay.
1) Locate the order line(s) you would like to update
2) Click on the dropdown displaying Hold For Review
3) Select the action you would like to take from the dropdown
Hold For Review
- The exception message and order line will remain in the PO Exceptions dashboard and no changes will be sent to the supplier.
- The new requested date will be sent to the supplier in SourceDay to accept the change or communicate a counterchange.
- The exception message will be removed from the PO Exceptions dashboard and will not reappear with the next MRP sync
- We will pull this order in again if a new exception message appears in your MRP
- Proposes a cancellation of the order line to the supplier in SourceDay.
When you have finished your updates, click the Submit button to execute the actions and notify your suppliers for order lines with Request Change or Cancel Line updates.
The filled date checkbox will auto-fill in Request Change on all order lines with a date being suggested by the exception message and the MRP.
1) Click the Filled Dates checkbox
2) Click the Submit button
Once you have updated your exception messages and new dates or cancellations have been sent to your suppliers
- The order lines will move to your Awaiting Response view
- The order lines will appear in your supplier’s Updates view
- Suppliers will receive an email notification of the initiated change
- Planning Commit Date will be added to the order line
- Suppliers will accept the date change or propose a counterchange
Filter, Search & Export
PO Exceptions allows you to filter by Buyers, Vendors, and Planning Types
1) Click on the Buyers, Vendor, or Planning Type dropdowns
2) Click the checkbox next to each name or code you would like to manage or click the checkbox next to Select All to select all
3) Click the refresh icon
Use the Search box to search by a key term including PO Numbers, Items & Vendors
Export data into a CSV file based on your current view, filters, and search criteria