The PO Exceptions Dashboard helps you, the buyer, understand how PO exceptions impact revenue, cash flow, and working capital. This feature is accessible from the PO Management platform. It uses PO Change Suggestions generated from your MRP to assess revenue and cash flow that is at risk. This feature provides visibility to Buyers that helps prioritize which PO lines to action based on the potential impact on your business.
When the Buyer chooses to apply the exception from the MRP, SourceDay automatically provides notifications of exceptions to the supplier. Suppliers can then confirm these updates and verify quantity, price, and date all within SourceDay. This feature helps ensure the accuracy and transparency of the supply and demand balance.
Coming soon - 6/28/2023
The exceptions dashboard will now show the following subset of data from your MRP in order to highlight the data you need in order to make your purchasing decisions:
- Actionable PO Exceptions - A PO Line will show only the actionable PO Exceptions which have a future date on the exception message. This implicitly includes removing PO Exceptions which have an older date than present day on exception messages.
- SourceDay Will Remove Duplicate Entries - Removal of duplicate PO Exceptions from PO Lines having same date / same actions on exception messages
- SourceDay Will Remove Exceptions for Canceled, Shipped and Completed POs - Removal of PO Exceptions associated with canceled, shipped or completed POs.
The Total PO Exceptions Count that you are used to seeing will likely decrease significantly from the total that you are used to seeing. If you have concerns that a necessary exception line is missing, please open a support ticket and we can assist you in ensuring that data is showing as expected.
Note: PO Exceptions is an additional feature that SourceDay offers and can be enabled by SourceDay.
Where Can I See It?
On the SourceDay application, the PO Exceptions table is available at the very top of your screen.
- Overview - Getting Started with PO Exceptions
- Next Up → Understanding the Total Value of Move Ins, Move Outs, and Cancellations
- Understanding the Tabs and Statuses
- Understanding the Dashboard
- Understanding the Opportunity Cost
- Updating the Exception Message
- Searching, Filtering, and Exporting PO Exceptions