The Aging Column feature enables buyers and suppliers to track the number of days an order has been sitting in a certain status or waiting for an action to be taken. The settings for this column can be controlled under the Account Settings by the Admin of the account.
The aging clock will start when a PO line first syncs into SourceDay and is waiting for supplier acknowledgment. The clock will restart whenever a PO line changes status or a PO line update changes hands from the buyer to the supplier and vice versa.
Aging Thresholds can be set in the Aging PO Settings by the Admin of the account. Once these thresholds are hit or surpassed, the age will change colors to visually indicate that change. Only buyers can see this visual color change.
- Black indicates the PO line is still under the desired response threshold
- Orange indicates the PO line has hit or surpassed the medium threshold
- Red indicates the PO line has hit or surpassed the high threshold
Any PO line with an age displaying N/A indicates that that order Is not currently waiting on an action to be taken. This order is typically in an Ontime status and not currently waiting on an action to be taken by the buyer or supplier.
Tracking A Status
- When a PO is created in SD, an Aging PO starts to track how long the order remains in Pending status. Once the vendor acknowledges the PO, the tracking ends (the Aging PO is invalidated).
- When a PO changes to Late status, an Aging PO starts to track how long the order stays late. Tracking ends if the order changes to Ontime or is closed (Canceled, Completed).
- If another trackable action occurs, the Aging Days will refer to that last action; once that recent tracking is invalidated, the Aging Days will again reflect how long the order has been in Late status if the order is still late.
- Any active tracking ends if the order moves to Shipped or is closed.
Tracking An Action
- When a supplier proposes an update (or proposed changes during acknowledgment), an Aging PO starts to track how many days the order has been waiting for the buyer to accept or reject the proposed change. Once the buyer accepts or rejects, that Aging PO is invalidated.
- When a buyer chooses 'Notify Vendor' for an order, an Aging PO starts to track how long before the supplier takes action. The tracking ends once the supplier takes action (propose update, acknowledge). If the PO already is tracking aging, this action won't start a new one.
- When a buyer rejects a proposed change, an Aging PO begins tracking how many days before the supplier takes action.