What Are We Trying To Accomplish
The settings for ASN Barcode allows you to enable the use of barcode labels within the Shipments Dashboard. These settings are only available to the owners and admins of the account. These values unlock your ability to:
- Enable barcodes that can be seen on the shipping labels and packaging slips printed by your suppliers if your warehouse uses this type of functionality
- Determine what values are included in the barcodes.
Where Can I See It?
Once you are in the Shipments section, you can access the barcode information by clicking on the "Print" dropdown and choosing either "Packing Slip" or "Shipping Label". You can only print one of these at a time, and only one PO line at a time.
When these are printed (based on the settings chosen) the barcodes will appear next to the applicable sections of those documents.
Example Packaging Slip
Example Shipping Label
How Do I Do It?
1) Click on your name dropdown in the upper right-hand corner
2) Click Account Settings
3) Click the ASN Barcode option on the left side of the screen
4) Enable Shipping Barcodes
- Click the checkbox to Shipping Barcode On to allow suppliers to print shipping labels
- Choose the Barcode Type based on what is being used by your receiving department (Code 39 is the standard)
- Choose which items you would like to see barcodes for on the shipping label and packing slip and enter any prefixes for those barcodes being used by your receiving department
5) Click the Submit button to save settings