What Are We Trying To Accomplish
The Buyer Dashboard is the default organizational dashboard displayed each time a buyer logs into the SourceDay PO Management platform. This dashboard allows you to review critical items and provides a summary of the monetary value of orders that fall under important statuses. This dashboard also allows you to click any link and be directed to that tab on the main PO management platform screen.
How Do I Do It?
The buyer dropdown works the same as the buyer dropdown from the main PO management screen. You can control which buyer information will be displayed. The buyer selection you have saved on the main PO screen will also be displayed here as the default.
This section allows buyers to review open orders and statuses not requiring immediate action.
- Total number of open orders currently in the All Open view
- Total number of orders currently awaiting a response from the supplier and currently in the Awaiting Response view
- Total number of orders currently marked with a reminder from the Updates view
POs Needing Attention
This section will display all orders in a critical status that are currently awaiting an action
- Orders currently waiting for an action to be taken by the buyer
- Orders currently marked as hot by the buyer
- Orders currently waiting for first supplier acknowledgment
This section will display all orders in an important status and display the monetary value tied to each individual status
- Orders currently marked as Hot by the buyer
- Orders currently past their due date and are currently waiting for a new date or shipped status
- Orders with a due date coming within a set time frame
PO Exceptions (Only If Enabled)
This section will display orders with exception messages from the PO Exceptions module
What Data is Shown
Coming soon - 6/28/2023
The exceptions dashboard will now show the following subset of data from your MRP in order to highlight the data you need in order to make your purchasing decisions:
- Actionable PO Exceptions - A PO Line will show only the actionable PO Exceptions which have a future date on the exception message. This implicitly includes removing PO Exceptions which have an older date than present day on exception messages.
- SourceDay Will Remove Duplicate Entries - Removal of duplicate PO Exceptions from PO Lines having same date / same actions on exception messages
- SourceDay Will Remove Exceptions for Canceled, Shipped and Completed POs - Removal of PO Exceptions associated with canceled, shipped or completed POs.
The Total PO Exceptions Count that you are used to seeing will likely decrease significantly from the total that you are used to seeing. If you have concerns that a necessary exception line is missing, please open a support ticket and we can assist you in ensuring that data is showing as expected.
- Move Ins represent a change in demand requiring PO receipt earlier than originally expected. Earlier receipt of raw goods creates an opportunity to produce, ship, and invoice Finished Goods sooner, thereby protecting revenue.
- Move Outs represent a change in demand requiring PO receipt later than originally expected. Later receipt of raw goods creates an opportunity to delay payments required, and free-up working capital (Optimize Cashflow).
- Cancellations are parts you no longer need. They can become excess inventory, which ties up your working capital and increases inventory carrying costs.