What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
It can be difficult to navigate through the meanings for the different views available in SourceDay's AP product. The Needs Review tab just means that the invoice needs a bit of additional attention before it can be processed. The number next to needs review is how many lines appear on the tab.
You can take multiple actions from this tab in order to investigate and get these lines back on track.
Understanding the View
Items in this view are items where the system is having a hard time matching the line items in the invoice to line items in the Purchase Order and we need your help in order to assign the right items to each other.
There are many reasons why an item might end up in the needs review tab, but it most likely falls into one of these five categories:
- The invoice and/or the PO has multiple lines or releases containing the same item part number.
- More than one invoice line ties to a single PO line.
- The item part number or vendor part number is either missing from the invoice or does not match the PO exactly. Also if the part number is missing from the PO, the invoice file will go to this tab.
- There are additional fees listed on the invoice as a line item, however the additional fee is not listed on the PO. The accountant can select the additional fee as an Invoice Header via the pick line feature on this tab.
- If our OCR tool is unable to find a PO on the invoice: **Note: to enable this functionality, please reach out to AP Support
- We will try to find available POs that match the Part Number and display those in the "Match To" drop down
- In addition, there is an action button to "Transform to Non-PO Invoice" that, when selected, will push the invoice that was captured to the Non PO Invoice workflow
To fix these items, you will just need to select the correct PO line/release for the part number in order to tell the system what items belong together using the pick a line feature.
What Can I Do?
Download - Downloads all of the invoices that you have selected
- Show Me How - Downloading Invoices from Views
Pick a Line - Picks the correct line/release from the Purchase Order for this invoice
- Show Me How - Pick Line Action from Needs Review
View File - Views the invoice and the upload time and date
- Show Me How - View File Action from Views
Reupload - Uploads a new version of an invoice
- Show Me How - Reupload Invoice Action from Views
Delete - Deletes the invoice from the AP platform
- Show Me How - Deleting Invoice Action from Views
Notify Buyer - Allows the Accountant to notify the buyer when there is a discrepancy between the PO and the invoice
- Show Me How - Using the Notify Buyer Action in Views
Add a Note - Allows you to add a note to the record
- Show Me How - Add Note to Invoice Action from Views
Pick PO - Allows you to associate the invoice line with the appropriate PO / Line / Release if our OCR tool is unable to locate a PO on the invoice and allows you to select the action "Transform to Non-PO"
**Note: to enable this functionality, please reach out to AP Support
- Show Me How - Pick PO Action from Needs Review