What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
The SourceDay Invoice Automation tool is designed to give you quick at-a-glance view of your invoices and their status. The Needs Review tab is a collection of invoices that needs a bit of additional attention before they can be processed. The number next to needs review is how many lines appear on the tab.
You can take multiple actions from this tab in order to investigate and get these lines back on track.
Understanding the View
Invoices in this view don't exactly match the corresponding Purchase Order. Clerks will need to assign the right invoice line to the corresponding Purchase Order line.
There are a few reasons why an item might end up in the needs review tab, but it most likely falls into one of these five categories:
- The invoice and/or the PO has multiple lines or releases containing the same item part number.
- More than one invoice line ties to a single PO line.
- The item part number or vendor part number is either missing from the invoice or does not match the PO exactly. Also if the part number is missing from the PO, the invoice file will go to this tab.
- There are additional fees listed on the invoice as a line item, however the additional fee is not listed on the PO. The accountant can select the additional fee as an Invoice Header via the pick line feature on this tab.
- If our OCR tool is unable to find a PO on the invoice: **Note: to enable this functionality, please reach out to AP Support
- We will try to find available POs that match the Part Number and display those in the "Match To" drop down
- In addition, there is an action button to "Transform to Non-PO Invoice" that, when selected, will push the invoice that was captured to the Non PO Invoice workflow
To fix these items, you will just need to select the correct PO line/release for the part number in order to tell the system what items belong together using the pick a line feature.
When an invoice is on the Needs Review tab, since the line matching process between the invoice and PO has not been completed, the invoice has not fully processed into our database. Therefore, the Invoice Numbers have not be compared against previously uploaded invoices to be identified as duplicates.
If you team notices occurrences of invoices on the Needs Review tab that duplicate an invoice that has already processed into a different tab, please note that once an invoice is reviewed and resubmitted using the Pick Line tool, it returns to our processing queue where our system will catch the duplicate Invoice Numbers.
The duplicate would fail to upload, and your team would find it on the Pending Processing tab with a Failure Reason citing that the invoice is duplicate entry.
What Can I Do?
Sorting - Sorts invoices in order based on the following column fields: Invoice Number, PO #, Part #, Invoice Date, and Vendor Name
- To sort, select the header name at the top of the column
Download - Downloads all of the invoices that you have selected
- Show Me How - Downloading Invoices from Views
Pick a Line - Picks the correct line/release from the Purchase Order for this invoice
- Show Me How - Pick Line Action from Needs Review
View File - Views the invoice and the upload time and date
- Show Me How - View File Action from Views
Reupload - Uploads a new version of an invoice
- Show Me How - Reupload Invoice Action from Views
Delete - Deletes the invoice from the AP platform
- Show Me How - Deleting Invoice Action from Views
Notify Buyer - Allows the Accountant to notify the buyer when there is a discrepancy between the PO and the invoice
- Show Me How - Using the Notify Buyer Action in Views
Add a Note - Allows you to add a note to the record
- Show Me How - Add Note to Invoice Action from Views
Pick PO - Allows you to associate the invoice line with the appropriate PO / Line / Release if our OCR tool is unable to locate a PO on the invoice and allows you to select the action "Transform to Non-PO"
**Note: to enable this functionality, please reach out to AP Support
- Show Me How - Pick PO Action from Needs Review