What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
*Changes are coming. Keep reading for sneak peak of Invoice Automation updates at the end of this article.
Rather than a post it note, adding a note to an invoice can help manage an invoice and anything "interesting" happening while it is in progress. The Add Note action allows you, the accountant, to add notes to an invoice that are also accessible for you as well as other accountants in your company. The notes can be viewed within the Notes column or in the History of an invoice.
- Available for: All tabs except the Pending Processing tab.
Where Can I See It?
Invoices with notes will be represented with the tag icon
Notes will appear on the Notes column at the end of the invoice line
Notes can also be viewed in the History of that invoice
How Do I Do It?
If you need to add a note to a single invoice
1) Click the blue lightning bolt dropdown on the invoice
2) Select Add Note
3) Type In the note you would like to add and click the Add Note button
If you need to add a note to multiple invoices
1) Check the boxes next to each invoice you would like to add a note to
2) Click the green lightning bolt Actions dropdown
3) Select Add Note
3) Type in the note you would like to add to all selected invoices and click the Add Note button
**Changes Coming Soon**
Here's a sneak peak of changes coming soon to Invoice Automation. The Add Note action will be changing to allow users to easily add notes to multiple invoices.
Invoices with a note will have the tag icon. Click on the tag icon to read the notes.
How Do I Do It?
1. Select the invoice or invoices by clicking on the open box to open the Action Menu.
2. From the Action Menu select Add Note. Please note the Action Menu will vary depending on the tab. There are three examples below.
3. Depending on which tab you are working on the next window that opens will look differently.
From Pending Processing simply type your note in the open box. Anything added here will be applied to all the selected invoices. Click on the green OK button on the bottom right.
From all other tabs, a summary window will open. Within this window you can navigate between invoices using the navigation area on the left. You can expand or collapse the summary information using the arrows next to the invoice number or the Collapse All/Expand All button on the right. To add a note, type in the open boxes for each invoice. Then click on the green OK button on the bottom right.
Understanding the Pending Processing Tab
Understanding the Needs Review Tab