As anyone in the supply change industry knows all too well, things change. When those changes impact your orders and time is critical, SourceDay can help you streamline the communication of those changes to your Suppliers. Whether you make changes within your ERP or within SourceDay those changes will be tracked and sent to your suppliers.
Make Changes Within Your ERP
Buyers can make changes within their ERP and SourceDay will pick up those changes during the next sync (remember SourceDay's API Sync occurs every 15 minutes). Once those changes are picked up by SourceDay, the details on the PO line will be updated. If changes are made to the Cost, Quantity and/or Due Date/Ship Date, the PO Line(s) will be moved to your Awaiting Response Tab and to the Suppliers Update Tab and a notification is sent to your suppliers.
Propose Changes Within SourceDay
Buyers can propose changes to order lines directly in SourceDay using the "Accept/Propose Changes" action. This action allows the buyer to select one or multiple lines and propose changes to the Cost, Quantity and/or Due Date/Ship Date.
Proposed changes will be sent to your suppliers as an Update and your supplier will need to respond to these changes. Your supplier can either accept the proposed changes or they can provide a new change if they cannot accommodate your proposed change. Once your supplier responds to the change request, we will send the request back to you for final approval. After the change is accepted by the buyer we will update the PO in SourceDay and update the PO in your ERP.
This action can only be performed on orders that have already been acknowledged by your supplier in SourceDay. If the order is still in a Pending status you will not be able to propose a change on the order using this action. You will need to update the order directly in your ERP.
How Do I Propose Changes within SourceDay?
1) Select the lines you want to propose changes on by clicking the checkbox next to each line then from the Action Menu click "Accept/Propose Changes" at the top.
2) Review the Order Details on each selected line by scrolling down within the Propose Change Window.
3) Enter the change you want to propose in the Quantity, Cost and/or Due Date/Ship Date fields
4) Provide a reason to your supplier for the change(s) in the Message box.
5) Click Cancel to leave the Accept/Propose Changes window or Confirm to send the proposed changes to your supplier
Review additional information on the selected order line(s) within the Proposed Changes window.
- Click on Purchase Order to view the entire Purchase Order in the PO Details page
- Click on Order History to view the entire history of the PO Line
- Click the ^ to expand or collapse the Order Details
Send Questions Comments or Concerns to you Suppliers Using Messages Functionality
You can access Messages on the PO Line by clicking on Messages at the top. To learn more about Messages click here.