What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
Buyers can add notes to lines with the Note Only action, suppliers are not able to use this function to send notes. This action allows the buyer to select one or multiple lines with the same supplier or across multiple suppliers. No notification will be sent to the supplier with this action but both buyers and supplier will be able to view the note. If the communication between the buyer and supplier requires back and forth communication, messages should be used.
The note will appear for buyers and suppliers:
- In the flag column as a green flag (the last note left on the line will be displayed)
- In the History on the line for reference
- In the notes column for buyers and suppliers
- It will not appear as a "Message" in the Messages tab
- In the Export from the PO Dashboard in the "Last Note" column
How Do I Do It?
1) Select the lines you want to add a note on by clicking the checkbox next to each line
2) Once you click the first checkbox the Choose an Action flyout menu will appear on the left side
3) Click Note Only
4) Enter your note in the Comments field
5) Click the Add Note button to add the note to the order line