What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
*Changes are coming. Keep reading for sneak peak of Invoice Automation updates at the end of this article.
The Notify Buyer action allows accountants to send a notification to a buyer on a PO with a mismatch. This can help in situations where the quantity received does not match the quantity requested or if there is a cost discrepancy. The Buyer receives an email with details of the invoice, a personal note from the Invoice Automation user, and the attachment of the actual invoice. The Buyer can then update the PO if necessary.
- Available for: Needs Review, Awaiting Receipt, and Mismatched Tabs
How Do I Do It?
1) Click the blue lightning bolt dropdown on the invoice
2) Select Notify Buyer
3) Verify the buyer's email address and provide a note to the buyer to accompany your notification
4) Click the Send button to email your buyer
Buyer Notification Email Example
**Changes Coming Soon**
Here's a sneak peak of changes coming soon to Invoice Automation. The Notify Buyer action will be changing to allow users to easily send notifications on multiple invoices.
1. From any tab select the invoice by clicking on the open box. This will open an Action Menu. Note you can select ALL the invoices in Needs Review by clicking on the open box in the header line. You can also select multiple invoices to perform this action in bulk!
2. From the Action Menu select Notify Buyer. Please note the Action Menu will vary depending on the tab.
3. Depending on which tab you are working on the next window that opens will look differently. Follow the instructions in the window to enter an email address and type a note to the receiver. Then click the green OK button on the lower right.
From the Needs Review tab you can navigate between invoices using the navigation area on the left. You can expand or collapse the summary information using the arrows next to the invoice number or the Collapse All/Expand All button on the right.
From all Awaiting Receipt & Mismatch Tabs a summary window will open. Within this window you can also navigate between invoices using the navigation area on the left. You can expand or collapse the summary information using the arrows next to the invoice number or the Collapse All/Expand All button on the right.