What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
The Acknowledge action gives suppliers the ability to review the requirements of an order, propose changes to their customers, and confirm the receipt of the new order. This action can be performed on an individual order line or in bulk for up to 100 order lines at a time. This is generally the first action a supplier will take when receiving a new order in SourceDay. Suppliers will often refer to the acknowledge action as providing an order confirmation or confirming an order. All new orders waiting to be acknowledged by the supplier will appear in the Pending tab in a Pending status.
While acknowledging orders in SourceDay, suppliers are able to review, accept and propose changes to the following order requirements:
- Due Date or Ship Date
SourceDay syncs new orders into our platform every 15 minutes once they have been released in your customer's ERP. The Acknowledge action will only be an available option on orders currently in a Pending status. SourceDay will send an automated bulk email notification to suppliers once an hour with a list of all new orders.
In this email notification:
- Suppliers will see details about the order:
- *NEW* A link to download all new PDFs, or download individual POs (But only IF their email notifications are set to live under account settings)
- The buyer name
- PO Number, line, and release number
- Part information
- Due Date, Quantity and Cost
- A button "Pending Purchase Orders" that will direct suppliers into the SourceDay platform where orders can be acknowledge
How Do I Do It?
Acknowledge New Orders
1) Select the Pending tab
2) Click the checkbox on each order line you would like to acknowledge
You can make updates in bulk to all orders by checking the open box in the top row. This will select all lines in the current tab.
3) Select Acknowledge from the Choose an Action menu
4) Review Order Details
- Click the View Purchase Order link to access the PO Details View
- Click the Order History link to access the History log
- Click the View Attachments link to access all attached documents
- Click the blue order line bubble to minimize the order details
- Click Collapse All to minimize all order details for all orders
- Click Expand All to open order details for all orders
5) Verify the current Quantity, Cost, and Date
If you are able to accept the current requirements on an order you do not need to make any changes to the quantity, cost, or date fields in the Proposed Changes fields on the right.
If you are not able to meet the current requirements on an order then you can update the quantity, cost, and/or date by entering your proposed change(s) in the boxes on the right. These boxes will autofill with the current order details if there are no changes.
6) Enter a reason for all proposed changes in the Comment box
7) Click the Acknowledge button to submit your confirmations and proposed changes
Orders that have been acknowledged without proposed changes will move out of your Pending tab and switch from a Pending status to an Ontime status. You will now be able to find these orders in your All Open tab.
Orders that have been acknowledged with proposed changes will move out of your Pending tab and will now appear in your Awaiting Response tab. These orders with proposed changes are currently waiting for your customer to accept or reject. These orders will also switch from a Pending status to an Ontime status.
Making Bulk Updates
Bulk Update gives suppliers the ability to acknowledge all new POs or propose the same quantity, cost, and/or date changes to all selected orders. Suppliers can also provide the same reason across the orders in the Messages box.