For a variety of reasons suppliers may not be able to complete or fulfill an order. When this happens suppliers may reject new orders or propose a cancelation The Reject/Cancel action allows suppliers to propose a rejection/cancellation on an order. This action can be performed on an individual order line or in bulk for up to 100 order lines at a time. And can be proposed to pending or open orders. Proposed rejections and cancellations will appear under the Supplier's Awaiting Response tab and the request will be sent to your buyer to Accept or Reject.
The Reject/Cancel action will not be an available option on any orders currently in a Shipped or Completed status or on orders with a proposed Canceled status.
Pro Tip: If you have an order that you still want to fulfill, but you need to modify the cost, quantity or date - do not cancel the order, you can request these changes through the acknowledgment process. The acknowledgement will not be final until the buyer and supplier agree on the cost, quantity and date.
How Do I Propose A Rejection Or Cancellation?
1) Click the checkbox on the order line or lines you would like to reject. Remember you can work in bulk (up to 100 lines at a time) by clicking on the open box in the very top row. This will select all lines in the current tab. Scroll down to see how to use the Bulk Update feature.
2) Select Reject/Cancel from the Choose an Action menu
3) Review Order Details
- Click the View Purchase Order link to access the PO Details View
- Click the Order History link to access the History log
- Click the View Attachments link to access all attached documents
- Click the blue order line bubble to minimize the order details for that specific PO Line
- You can click Collapse All to minimize all order details for all orders or click Expand All to open order details for all orders
4) Enter your reason for the rejection or cancellation in the open Comment box
5) Click the Reject/Cancel PO Lines button to submit the proposed rejection or cancellation
Click Cancel to leave this box if needed without saving your changes
If the proposed rejection or cancellation is accepted by your customer then the order will no longer appear as an open order in SourceDay. SourceDay will write the canceled status back to your customer's ERP and the order will now appear under your Completed tab in a Canceled status.
If the proposed rejection or cancellation is rejected by your buyer then the order will move back to its original status.
Orders that originated in the Pending tab and were not previously acknowledged in SourceDay will go back to the Pending status and the Pending tab for you to acknowledge.
Orders that were previously acknowledged will now appear in your Updates tab. These orders are waiting for you to take the next action.
Bulk Comment gives suppliers the ability to provide the same reason across the orders in the Comment box.
1) Click Bulk Comment to access the bulk comment field
2) Enter a bulk comment for the proposed rejections/cancellations in the Bulk Comment box
Once you start entering your reason in bulk comment SourceDay will automatically start filling in the comment fields with your reason.