*New Functionality Coming May 2022
- Preview the upcoming changes to the Notify action click here.
What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
The Notify Buyers action gives suppliers the ability to send messages directly to their customers through the SourceDay platform. This notification can be used to ask your buyer to take an action, ask a question, or provide information to your customer. This action can be performed on an individual order line or in bulk for up to 100 order lines at a time.
Once you send a notification to your customer using the Notify Buyers action, those orders will appear under your Awaiting Response tab until your buyer responds to your notification or takes an action.
The Notify Buyer action will not be an available option on any orders currently in a Pending or Completed status or on orders with a proposed Canceled status.
How Do I Do It?
Starting out from the "Purchase Order" section the Notify Buyer action will be an available option for all orders except those in the Pending or Completed tab or on orders with a proposed Canceled status.
1) Click the checkbox on each order line you would like to send a notification on
2) Select Notify Buyers from the Choose an Action menu
3) A list will appear displaying all POs selected in step 1, you can see additional details on the POs by using the links dropdown
- View Purchase Order - access the PO Details View
- Order History - access the History log
- View Attachments - see all attached documents
You can click the order line to minimize the order details or expand the order details
Click on the blue checkbox to deselect that order from the notification
4) Enter your message for all selected orders in the Comments box
5) Click the Notify Buyers button to send your notifications to your customer