Things change, those in the supply chain industry probably understand that better than anyone else. When those changes impact orders for your clients, SourceDay is built to streamline those changes and communication regarding those changes. Suppliers can Propose Changes to orders directly to their customers in SourceDay after the order has been initially acknowledged by using the Accept/Propose action. This action can be performed on an individual order line or in bulk for up to 100 order lines at a time.
When Suppliers need to make changes to the cost, quantity, or the due or ship date SourceDay will track those proposed changes and notify the buyer client to review proposed changes. Proposed Changes will be sent to your customers as an Update and your customers will need to respond to your proposals. Your customers can either accept your proposed changes, counter propose changes or reject your proposals altogether.
How Do I Do It?
While updating orders in SourceDay, suppliers are able to propose changes to the following order requirements:
- Due Date or Ship Date
1) Click the checkbox on each order line you would like to update, remember you can work in bulk (up to 100 lines at a time) by clicking on the open box in the very top row. This will select all lines in the current tab. Scroll down to see how to use the Bulk Update feature.
2) Select Accept/Propose Changes from the Choose an Action menu
3) Review Order Details
- Click the View Purchase Order link to access the PO Details View
- Click the Order History link to access the History log
- Click the View Attachments link to access all attached documents
- You can click Collapse All to minimize all order details for all orders or click Expand All to open order details for all orders
- You can review Messages on the order with navigation at the top of the window
4) Enter the changes you want to propose to your customer in the Quantity, Cost and/or Due Date/Ship Date fields in the box on the far right. These boxes will autofill with the current details on the order to change delete the information and type to enter your proposed changes. You can also easily review the values you last committed to in the Last Committed column.
5) Enter a reason for all proposed changes in the Message box. This will be linked to the lines in the order history.
6) Click the Confirm button to send the proposed changes to your customer or select Cancel button to exit without submitting changes.
Orders with proposed changes will appear in your Awaiting Response tab. These orders are currently waiting for your customer to accept or reject.
Making Bulk Updates
Bulk Update gives suppliers the ability to propose the same quantity, cost, and/or date changes to all selected orders. Suppliers can also provide the same reason across the orders in the Messages box.
1) Click on the action you are taking: Accept, Propose, Hold, or Cancel (coming soon). This action will applied to all selected lines.
2) If you have selected Propose, you can then enter proposed changes in the Quantity, Cost, or Date Field. Any values entered here will be filled in for all the selected lines.
3) Enter a bulk reason for the proposed changes in the Message box
Once you start entering changes in bulk update, SourceDay will automatically start filling in those fields with your proposed changes for the order lines selected.
Orders that have proposed changes that have been accepted by your customer will update in SourceDay and write the changes back to your customer's ERP. The order will move out of your Awaiting Response tab and you can now locate that order in your All Open tab.
Rejected Changes (& Buyer Proposed Changes)
Orders that have proposed changes that have been rejected by your customer will not update in SourceDay. You will receive a notification and a reason for the rejection or proposed changes from your customer. These order lines will now appear in your Updates tab. You will now need to take action on this order. You may counter propose changes or accept the original terms on the order line.