What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
Planned Orders gives suppliers the ability to propose changes to planned orders before they become an open order for the supplier. This action can be performed on an individual order line or in bulk for up to 100 order lines at a time. SourceDay will sync planned orders from your customer's ERP during our 15 min sync and send a notification to suppliers to take action, just like with new purchase orders. Suppliers will see planned orders in the Planned tab in a Planned status.
If you propose changes to a planned order and your customer accepts your proposed changes, SourceDay will write the changes back to your customer's ERP and flip the status from Planned to Ordered. Once an order is in the Ordered status, we will move the order in SourceDay to the All Open tab with a status of Ontime.
If you do not propose changes to an order while it is in a planned status, SourceDay will move the order from the Planned tab to the Pending tab once the order has been flipped to Ordered by your customer in their ERP. You will need to Acknowledge the order just like a brand new pending order.
Planned orders will not be an available option for all suppliers
What Can I Do?
Update - Provide an update for the PO requesting a change from the buyer
- This article discusses how to update your Planned order, keep reading
Message - Communicate with the supplier to understand any comments, questions or concerns about the order
- Show Me How - Understanding the Messages Action
Print PO - Allows you to choose between a PDF or excel print ready version of the PO
- Show Me How - Understanding the Print PO Action
How Do I Do It?
1) Select the Planned tab
2) Click the checkbox on each order line you would like to propose changes to
3) Select Update from the Choose an Action menu
4) There will be a section displayed for each PO chosen in step 2
You potentially have the following actions that you can use to further review each PO line. All available options will show on the right hand side of the screen:
- View Purchase Order - access the PO Details View
- Order History - access the History log
- View Attachments - access all attached documents
Click the blue order line bubble to minimize the order details
Click Collapse All to minimize all order details for all orders
Click Expand All to open order details for all orders
5) Verify the current Quantity, Cost, and Date
If you are not able to meet the current requirements on an order then you can update the quantity, cost, and/or date by clicking on the field and entering your proposed change.
6) Enter a reason for all proposed changes in the Comment box
7) Click the Submit button to submit your proposed changes
8) Orders that have been updated with proposed changes will move out of your Planned tab and will now appear in your Awaiting Response tab. These orders with proposed changes are currently waiting for your customer to accept or reject.
Using Bulk Update When Updating Multiple Lines
Bulk Update gives suppliers the ability to propose the same quantity, cost, and/or date changes to all selected orders. Suppliers can also provide the same reason across the orders in the Comment box. This will appear as a collapsed menu at the top of the pop up, just click on the grey arrow to display the bulk update options.
NOTE: If you choose bulk update and then change an item on the line level after the bulk update is made, the new line level information will over-ride what was entered for the bulk update.
1) Click Bulk Update to access the update fields
2) Enter bulk Quantity or Cost updates or select a bulk Date update from the date selector
3) Enter a bulk reason for the proposed changes in the Comments box
Once you start entering changes in bulk update SourceDay will automatically start filling in those fields with your proposed changes.