What Are We Trying To Accomplish
Suppliers can easily ship multiple PO lines together for the same Buyer Company using the same shipping information. The Shipped action gives Suppliers the ability to provide their customers with advanced shipping notices (ASNs) and tracking information. This helps Buyer Companies track shipments and stay up to date with the status of orders.
While marking orders as shipped in SourceDay, Suppliers will be able to ship multiple order lines to the same Buyer Company. When doing so, Suppliers will provide shipping details that apply to all order lines selected in the Shipment Header Options. Suppliers can then add specific shipping and packing information per line under Shipment Lines.
The level of detail required for marking orders as shipped may vary between Buyer Companies, however all shipments require the following information:
- Box Quantity (if unsure, Suppliers can select 1)
- Quantity of Items per Box (can list the total amount shipping if using 1 box)
The Shipped action will not be an available option on any orders currently in a Pending or Completed status or on orders with a proposed Canceled status.
How Do I Do It?
Marking Orders As Shipped
1) Click the checkbox on each order line you would like to mark as shipped. Note: You can only ship multiple lines if they are for the same Buyer Company or Customer
2) Select Shipped from the Choose an Action menu
3) Provide shipment information under Shipment Header Options. Details provided here apply to all selected lines. The information required under Shipment Header Options may vary by Buyer Company.
4) Attachments can be added from the SourceDocs Library or new documents can be uploaded and attached to selected shipment lines
5) Provide additional shipping or packing information per line under Shipment Lines. This information will will apply only to this line.
To add a shipment line per order line click the green "+ Add Line". This will open an additional Shipment Line to add additional shipping or packaging information.
6) Click the Mark As Shipped button to submit your shipments or cancel if needed
All orders marked as shipped in SourceDay will appear in the Shipments module for Suppliers & Buyers. Here you can track shipments, update shipping records, attach documents to your shipment, and generate labels.
Fully Shipped Orders
Orders that have been marked as fully shipped in SourceDay will appear in your Shipped tab with a Shipped status. Fully shipped orders must have a shipped quantity that meets or exceeds the quantity ordered. Orders marked as fully shipped will not appear in a Late status or receive late notifications in SourceDay.
Partially Shipped Orders
Partially shipped orders will not appear in your Shipped tab until the order has been marked as fully shipped in SourceDay. Partially shipped orders can still fall late and you will receive a notification on those orders through SourceDay and the order will appear with a Late status.
Speaking the Same Language
- Bill of Lading - a detailed list of a shipment of goods in the form of a receipt given by the carrier to the person consigning the goods
- Carrier - the shipping carrier that will handle the transit and delivery of the shipment (if not listed simple select "other" from the drop down menu and type the name of the company in new text box that appears.)
- Container ID - the ID number that provides uniform international identification of containers
- Diversion Code - the code for when a change in the destination or billing of a shipment occurs before or after it reaches its original destination
- Means of Transport - how the shipment will be transported (Air, Ground, Ocean)
- Notes - add any comments or notes you need your customer to see
- Packing Slip Number - the number on the packing slip provided with the shipment
- Quantity Per Box / Box Quantity - the number of items in the box (will default to the full order qty)
- Quantity Shipped - the quantity you will be shipping on this order (will auto-populate this field with the full quantity of the order line)
- Ship Date - the exact date the order was shipped out
- Shipment Number - the shipment ID number that is independent of the tracking number
- Tracking Number - the tracking number associated with the selected carrier or waybill number
- Transit Lead Time - the number of days the order will take to ship
Click on the Carrier dropdown to access a list of 700 carriers. Start typing in the name of the carrier to narrow down your search and then click on the carrier name to select that carrier. You can always select Other and type the carrier or specific how the order will be carried.
Mark and Order as Shipped for Tasks or on the PO Dashboard - you are here