Support will sometimes ask for a HAR file in order to help us investigate an issue more quickly. The directions on how to create a HAR file are browser specific. A HAR log is basically a way to record the web browser's interaction with a website. This allows us to capture what is going on in the background while you are completing the work in the SourceDay app.
Steps to create HAR file when using Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring
- Look for the Vertical ellipsis button and select More Tools > Developer Tools
- From the panel opened, select the Network tab
- Look for a round Record button in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording
- Check the box Preserve log
- Click the Clear button to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab
- Reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right-click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that our Support team can analyze it
Using another browser?