Support will sometimes ask for a HAR file in order to help us investigate an issue more quickly. The directions on how to create a HAR file are browser specific. A HAR log is basically a way to record the web browser's interaction with a website. This allows us to capture what is going on in the background while you are completing the work in the SourceDay app.
Steps to create HAR file when using Firefox:
- Open Firefox browser and go to the application web page where the issue is occurring
- Select the Firefox menu (three horizontal parallel lines) at the top-right of your browser window, then select Web Developer > Network
- The recording auto starts when you start as a docked panel at the side or bottom of Firefox. Click the Network tab
- Log in to the application and reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before and reproduce the issue you were experiencing before. After the issue has been replicated and you’ve ensured all of the actions have been generated in the Developer Network Panel (should just take a few seconds), right-click anywhere under the File column and click on Save all as HAR
- Save the HAR file somewhere convenient
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that our Support team can analyze the data captured
Using another browser?