Support will sometimes ask for a HAR file in order to help us investigate an issue more quickly. The directions on how to create a HAR file are browser specific. A HAR log is basically a way to record the web browser's interaction with a website. This allows us to capture what is going on in the background while you are completing the work in the SourceDay app.
Steps to create HAR file when using Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the application web page where the issue is occurring
- Press F12 on your keyboard (or click the gear icon > F12 Developer Tools)
- Click the Network tab
- Log in to the application and reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded
- Once done click the Save button
- Give the trace a filename and click the Save button which will save it as a .har file or .xml file
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that our Support team can analyze the data captured
Using another browser?