You just finished creating your template now it's time to start exporting your data. We are going to use your Purchase Orders | All Open View in order to pull all of the lines and releases that you might want to update. This will allow you to remove any items that you are not ready to update without a lot of copying and pasting. This file will be the starting point for your import.
When you start out, you may want to start small - leverage a crawl, walk, run approach. In your import file, you can acknowledge orders and also update values and shipping information. As you are learning, you may want to complete each of these activities individually, one at a time. Complete the All Open orders export and then just create different worksheets based on what you are trying to accomplish: a tab for acknowledgments, a tab for updates, a tab for shipping. When you create the actual import, you would then create 3 files and upload each independently. As long as you leave all the columns, you will not need to update your mapping.
Exporting Your Data
- Once logged in, click on "Purchase Orders" and then "All Open"
- Then click "Export" and choose "CSV" - this will queue the .csv in your reports section
- Then click "Reports" at the top of the the page (the same level as the SourceDay logo)
- You will then see your export appear in the reports list. Note: If you see a status of pending, grab a cup of tea, and by the time you come back, your report should be ready for download.
- Download the file and open it
Time's a Wasting, let's move on to the next step - Getting Started With Supplier Imports in PO: Adding Your Changes to the Template File