You just finished creating your template now it's time to start exporting your data. We are going to use your Purchase Orders | All Open Tab in order to pull all of the lines and releases that you might want to update. This will allow you to remove any lines from the download file that you are not ready to update without a lot of copying and pasting. This file will be the starting point for your import.
When you start out, you may want to start small - leverage a crawl, walk, run approach. In your import file, you can acknowledge orders, propose changes to the cost, qty or date and provide shipping information. As you are learning, you may want to complete each of these activities individually in separate import files. Complete the All Open orders export and then just create different excel or csv files based on what you are trying to accomplish: one for acknowledgments, one for updates, and one for shipping. As long as you leave all the column headers in the top row, you will not need to update your mapping when uploading the template.
Utilize the Advanced Search feature to filter the POs displayed on the dashboard and export the tab you need. Advanced Search will filter all tabs to display only the POs that match the search criteria.
Exporting Your Data
- Once logged in, click on "Purchase Orders" and then "All Open"
- Then click "Export" and choose "CSV" - this will queue the .csv in your reports section
- Then click "Performance Insights" at the top of the the page (the same level as the SourceDay logo) and select Reports
- You will then see your export appear in the reports list. Note: If you see a status of pending, grab a cup of tea, and by the time you come back, your report should be ready for download.
- Download the file and open it
Time's a Wasting, let's move on to the next step - Getting Started With Supplier Imports in PO: Adding Your Changes to the Template File
- Creating your template
- Exporting your data <- You are here
- Adding your changes to the template file
- Uploading the template and mapping the fields
- Testing the upload
- Processing the file
- Resetting your values