Understand how to onboard your suppliers to the SourceDay platform. We allow you to onboard your suppliers as quickly or slowly as you feel comfortable. This path will give you the details to:
- Identify the suppliers to start templating with
- Notify your suppliers that SourceDay is coming (we even give you a starter email)
- Set up those suppliers using account settings (to send invoices in, and to receive SourceDay Notifications)
- Notify your suppliers that they can start sending emails directly to SourceDay
PRO TIP: We recommend starting off with 1-5 suppliers to get the process down. Then, go as fast as you want to get started saving time on invoice uploads
Identify the suppliers to start templating with
When starting off with SourceDay, you will need to determine which suppliers are your priority for templating and setup. We recommend the following guidelines to help you decide:
- A supplier that has a large volume of invoices
- Suppliers that usually run through pretty smoothly for you - the invoices are usually accurate -- These folks are prime candidates for "touchless" (more on this later)
- Suppliers that you have a good, honest relationship with, there can be bumps in this process, so it's always easier to go into it with trusted partners
Show me how - You can deep dive into this process with the following article about Picking the Right Invoices
If you are still in the integration process and do not have access to SourceDay, you will provide your choices to your implementation manager. If you have gone live, then you will just add these as new templates to be created.
Show me how - This article will walk you through requesting a new template
Notify your suppliers that SourceDay is coming (we even give you a starter email)
Send a notification to your supplier letting them know that change is coming so that they can prepare, and maybe even volunteer to be on the fast track. You may find that some of the companies that you are currently working with already use SourceDay.
Show me how - This email can be customized for your suppliers as an advanced notification just add in a few personal touches
Set up those suppliers using account settings (to send invoices in, and to receive SourceDay Notifications)
We will pull in all of your current suppliers from your ERP as a starting point, from there, you may need to add in additional details as well as turn on some settings in order ensure a smooth transition for your suppliers.
- Add billing contact information - this is who gets the emails
- Set Email Invoice Delivery to Allowed - Allows suppliers to send invoices directly
- Set Email Invoice Status (Paid/Posted) to Allowed - Allows suppliers to be notified when a status changes to paid or posted
Show me how - Learn more about how to update these account settings
Notify your suppliers that they can start sending emails directly to SourceDay
You can keep an eye on where your suppliers are in the onboarding process by looking at the details using the main supplier table. (Just click "Suppliers" at the top of the page) Once a supplier has a green checkbox in the column for "Invoice Template" and a green checkbox in "Email Delivery Enabled" a supplier will be able to start sending in emails. You can then send them the email that includes the email link to send invoices to, it will look something like this:
- If the "Invoice Template" is red and you know an invoice has been provided, check the pending processing tab in order to identify the failure reason
- If the "Email Delivery Enabled" is red, you may need to go into account settings and set Email Invoice Delivery to Allowed
Show me how - Learn more about how to send out the supplier specific email addresses
Your suppliers are now all set up and ready to go. If you have issues along the way, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and open a ticket and we would be happy to help get you back on track. If you're looking for a next thing to tackle, our next suggestion is setting up auto-vouchering.