What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
Sometimes Suppliers need to split an order into multiple order lines with multiple delivery dates. The Propose Split Lines feature within SourceDay allows suppliers to create a split line proposal.
Propose Split Lines will not be an available action for all buyer companies. This functionality is dependent on the buyer company's ERP. So not all suppliers will be able to use this functionality. If that is the case suppliers can propose change to the quantity on the line and offer a suggested proposed delivery schedule in the notes of your proposed changes to the buyer. To learn more read this article.
How Split Proposals Work:
This feature is a proposal to change the quantity on the original order line and a proposal to create new lines. To ensure that your customer receives the full requested amount on the order, your proposal (Original line Qty + Split Lines Qty) must equal the full amount on the order.
Once a split proposal is accepted, SourceDay will update the quantity on the original line and create the new split lines in your customer's ERP. Depending on your customer's ERP, the new lines will be written as new line numbers or new releases. These new order lines or releases will sync back into SourceDay and will appear in your Pending tab for you to Acknowledge.
The Propose Split Lines action will not be an available option on any orders currently in a Shipped or Completed status or on orders with a proposed Canceled status.
How Do I Do It?
1) Click the checkbox on the order line you would like to propose a split on and select Propose Split Lines from the Choose an Action menu. If this action is bold you will be able to create this proposal.
2) Review the order details - remember the quantities you propose on the Original Line and Split Lines must equal the quantity in the Order Details (indicated in the red box below).
3) Propose changes to the Quantity and the Due Date to the Original Line that will reflect your first shipment. SourceDay will automatically fill in the Date field with the current Due Date or Ship Date but you can edit this field.
4) Under Split Lines, enter the Quantity and Due Date or Ship Date for the second proposed shipment of the order.
If you need to split the order again, click the Create new line button under the Original Line to create multiple new lines. Remember that the amounts in the quantity boxes for each line (Original Line + Split Lines) must add up to the initial amount on the order.
If you need to remove a split line that you added, hover over the split number and click the red X.
5) Click the Propose Splits button to propose the split to your customer
Split line proposals on Pending orders will move out of your Pending tab and will now appear in your Awaiting Response tab. These split proposals are currently waiting for your customer to accept or reject. These orders will also switch from a Pending status to an Ontime status.
Split line proposals on orders that have been acknowledged will also now appear in your Awaiting Response tab. These split proposals are currently waiting for your customer to accept or reject.
Split Line Tips
- When proposing split dates, be sure to start with the earliest date first and continue with later dates on the preceding splits. This ensures that the earliest date is on the first split line.
- When proposing split quantities, make sure that the quantities on each split equal the total quantity on the order. SourceDay will not allow you to submit a split proposal if the split quantities don't match exactly.
If the split proposal is rejected by your customer, the order will appear in your Updates tab. The order will now have a note with a reason for the rejection and you will be able to propose a new split, propose a different update or send your buyer a note.