This set of reports shows you metrics around On Time and In Full Delivery (OTIF). It can help you to understand how your suppliers are performing, where you can find performance increases, and help you with planning for which suppliers can you count on to deliver on time so that you can keep your business running on schedule.
Let's Take a Look
Use the numbers in the image to help identify the sections for a deep dive of the functionality below.
- Filters Available
- Baseline / Prior Year Comparison
- Median Days Late
- OTIF: PO Lines Trending
- Supplier Snapshot
- Download Data
1) Filters Available
The filters section allows you to slice and dice the information in a way that makes sense for you and your business. You can even compare how you perform against SourceDay customers as a whole or how you performed against yourself year over year. If you are looking for more information on the filters and what they mean, you can see in depth information on each filter here.
This section will let you see you percentage of on time delivery or on time, in full delivery. This will help you to understand if your suppliers are delivering to you when you expected. By segmenting by time or by suppliers you can get a better understanding of seasonality for your business or which suppliers you can count on to deliver the parts you need when you need them.
3) Baseline / Prior Year Comparison
Based on the value you set for the Baseline or Prior Year filter you will see one or the other in this section. By choosing Baseline, you will be comparing your deliveries against all SourceDay customers or by choosing prior year, you are seeing how you performed against yourself year over year. This number is the absolute percentage difference between shipments over the selected time range, and the baseline comparison, i.e. baseline is 40% and time range is 50%, the number shown here is 10%.
4) Median Days Late
This number is the median number of days for all PO lines categorized as late, based on how your company has defined late in their account settings and threshold values. This can help you to better account for the lead time needed between when you order your parts and when you need them on site allowing you to improve and see delivery trends over time.
5) OTIF: PO Lines Trending
This section will help you to understand if you are performing above or below your baseline or prior year expectations. This can help you to better understand if you are gaining or losing ground with your suppliers and deliveries that help to run your business.
This chart will changed based on which value you have chosen for the filter "Which OTIF vs OTD Metric":
- OTIF - PO Lines - This measures on-time in-full according to PO lines in SourceDay
- OTIF - PO Spend - This measures on-time in-full according to PO spend in SourceDay
- OTD - Receipts or Shipments - This measures on time delivery based on receipt of the items on your PO
The grey line will show you either the baseline value you are being compared against or you prior year's values depending on what was chosen for the "Baseline or Prior Year" filter.
As you click on data points in your green line, also known as your current performance, you will see the following happen:
- Metrics on the dashboard will update based on that data point
- You will quickly be able to see the data for that data point
- You will be able to see your "Supplier Snapshot" chart change based on the suppliers that fall under that data point
6) Supplier Snapshot
The supplier snapshot will show you where your suppliers fall on the delivery spectrum.
- Left (fewer PO lines) to right (more PO lines) will call out the number of PO lines that the supplier was trying to fill during that period
- Up and down will call out whether they were delivering on time or late
- In general green is good, orange could be improved
As with the previous chart, you can drill into each data point by clicking on the dot:
- The top chart will change based on the value you chose for "Which OTIF vs OTD Metric" but it will show for just that supplier
- The records used are PO Lines for OTIF or Receipts for OTD, depending on filter setting.
- The bottom chart: Median numbers of days late will show you delivery trends for that supplier
- The grey bars display the total number of records categorized as late based on account settings and threshold settings, which are used for the median calculation.
- The date is based on receipt creation by default, and shipment date for DDDWF suppliers.
7) Download Data
You can download any of your data from these charts for use and additional analysis. You can download to either excel or csv.
- Click the download data link
- When you are taken to the downloads tab, click on "Choose your data download"
- You will see a pop up box that will allow you to choose either:
- Lead Time: Data Download
- Moves: Data Download
- OTIF: Data Download
- PPV: Data Download
- Choose the format: Excel or CSV
- Then click download
The download will include all lines of data that were used to make the dashboard (it will not contain the actual charts)
- Speaking the Same Language
- Understanding the Dashboard
- Understanding Supplier Performance - You are here
- Understanding Cost Increase Impact
- Understanding Cash Flow Protection
- Understanding Demand Planning
- Understanding the SourceDay Command Center