One of the first tasks you'll want to accomplish within the SourceDay PO Platform is making sure you are seeing all the important information on each PO. You can do this by turning on/off different columns and rearranging the layout of the dashboard using Manage Columns. As a supplier you may be collaborating with multiple buyer companies. While there are a number of fields that are the same company to company (like Order Quantity) some buyer companies may have additional fields they are using on their POs.
How Do I Do It?
To see this in action with a step by step walk-through click here. Otherwise keep reading.
- Click on Manage Column in the upper right side of your dashboard. This opens a window where you can turn columns on or off.
- Then you will turn columns on/off using the blue toggle buttons.
- Finally you can rearrange the order of the columns on the dashboard by grabbing and dragging the Column names.
The following columns should be enabled and organized together to give you instant insight to the details and status of your order lines.
Pro Tip: If you do not follow any of the other suggestions below, you should at least enable "order status" and position it to be one of your first columns. This column will help you understand why POs are in specific tabs and what actions are next needed.
- Order Status - This column is often not enabled by users. During training, we always enable this column and move it to the left side of the dashboard. This information immediately lets users know why a particular action is not available on that order line (for example: Shipped is not an available action on pending orders).
- PO Identifying Information:
- PO Number
- PO Line
- Disable NA Columns (like release or revision)
- Item (P/N)
- Vendor (P/N)
- Other custom columns (size, color, H, W, etc)
- Order Values
- Qty Ordered
- Qty Prop
- Qty Shipped
- Qty Received
- Cost Values
- Cost Prop
- Date Values
- Due Date
- Vendor Commit
- Promise Date
- Ship Date (if using)
- Other - but only if applicable
- Ship to