What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
After setting up your dashboard the first step towards collaborating with Buyers on SourceDay is to let your buyers know you've received their orders and can fulfill them or need to propose new values. This is easily done through SourceDay using the Actions: Acknowledge or Accept/Propose Changes. Both actions give suppliers the ability to review the requirements of an order, propose changes to their customers, and confirm the receipt of the new order. These action can be performed on an individual order line or in bulk for up to 100 order lines at a time. This is generally the first action a supplier will take when receiving a new order in SourceDay. Suppliers will often refer to the acknowledge action as providing an order confirmation or confirming an order. All new orders waiting to be acknowledged by the supplier will appear in the Pending tab in a Pending status.
While reviewing orders in SourceDay, suppliers are able to accept or propose changes to the following order requirements:
- Due Date or Ship Date
SourceDay syncs new orders into our platform every 15 minutes once they have been released in your customer's ERP. SourceDay will send an automated email notification to suppliers when new orders are created. Additional email notifications can be customized by suppliers in Account Settings. The email notifications will contain a link to the interactive PO Details page.
The Acknowledge action will only be an available option on orders currently in a Pending status, while Accept/Propose Changes is available across order statues.
How Do I Do It?
3 minute read
4 minute video here Acknowledging POs and managing PO changes in the dashboard
Or to use the interactive step by step walk-through click here.
Accept New Orders
1) Select the Pending tab. This tab will be where all your new PO Lines will be sorted. Alternatively you may work orders line by line (not in bulk) from the Tasks View. Learn more about Tasks.
2) Click the checkbox on each order line you would like to acknowledge. Remember each line on a PO will have it's own line within the dashboard.
You can make updates in bulk to all orders by checking the open box in the top row. This will select all lines in the current tab. This may be very helpful when you are first getting started and may have pending PO Lines that you have already collaborated on outside of SourceDay. Acknowledge those orders in bulk will move them quickly out of your Pending Tab, more tips and tricks on bulk acknowledgement if you keep reading.
3) Select Acknowledge or Accept/Propose Changes from the Choose an Action menu. Both actions will open a collaboration modal and you can work on any order line regardless of status.
4) Review Order Details
- Click the View Purchase Order link to access the Interactive PO Details Page
- Click the Order History link to access the History log
- Click the View Attachments link to access all attached documents
- Expand of collapse the details as needed
- You can click Collapse All to minimize all order details for all orders or click Expand All to open order details for all orders
5) Suppliers can select their response using the buttons just under the order details.
Accept - Acknowledges that the supplier can fulfill the order as is
Propose - Acknowledges the order while proposing changes to the Quantity, Costs, or Date for the buyer to review. Selecting Propose will open text boxes for the supplier to enter new values.
Hold - Takes no action on this order line; this allows users to take actions on other lines within the modal
Cancel - Proposes a cancellation or rejection on the order line for the buyer to review
Undo Changes - Recall proposed changes that have not be acted upon by the buyer
Orders that have been acknowledged without proposed changes will move out of your Pending tab and switch from a Pending status to an Ontime status. You will now be able to find these orders in your All Open tab.
6) Click the green confirm button to submit your confirmations and proposed changes.
Orders that have been acknowledged/accepted without proposed changes will move out of your Pending tab and switch from a Pending status to an Ontime status. You will now be able to find these orders in your All Open tab.
Orders with a proposed changes will move out of your Pending tab and will now appear in your Awaiting Response tab. These orders with proposed changes are currently waiting for your customer to accept or reject. You will receive an email notification when a buyer accepts the changes or counter-proposes changes.
Making Bulk Updates
Once you select multiple lines you will have the option at the top of the popup modal to Bulk Update. Bulk Update gives suppliers the ability to propose the same quantity, cost, and/or date changes to all selected orders. Suppliers can also provide the same reason across the orders in the Message box.
1) Click on the action you are taking: Accept, Propose, Hold, or Cancel. This action will be applied to all selected lines.
2) If you have selected Propose, you can then enter proposed changes in the Quantity, Cost, or Date Field. Any values entered here will be filled in for all the selected lines.
3) Enter a bulk reason for the proposed changes in the Message box
Once you start entering changes in bulk update, SourceDay will automatically start filling in those fields with your proposed changes for the order lines selected.
Accept or Propose Changes on Orders Orders <-- you are here