What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
After setting up your dashboard the first step towards collaborating with Buyers on SourceDay is to Acknowledge new orders. The Acknowledge action gives suppliers the ability to review the requirements of an order, propose changes to their customers, and confirm the receipt of the new order. This action can be performed on an individual order line or in bulk for up to 100 order lines at a time. This is generally the first action a supplier will take when receiving a new order in SourceDay. Suppliers will often refer to the acknowledge action as providing an order confirmation or confirming an order. All new orders waiting to be acknowledged by the supplier will appear in the Pending tab in a Pending status.
While acknowledging orders in SourceDay, suppliers are able to review, accept and propose changes to the following order requirements:
- Due Date or Ship Date
SourceDay syncs new orders into our platform every 15 minutes once they have been released in your customer's ERP. SourceDay will send an automated bulk email notification once an hour with a list of all new orders. In this email notification, there will be a link that will direct you into the SourceDay platform where you can acknowledge these new orders.
The Acknowledge action will only be an available option on orders currently in a Pending status.
How Do I Do It?
To see this in action using our step by step walk-through click here. Otherwise, keep reading.
Acknowledge New Orders
1) Select the Pending tab. This tab will be where all your new PO Lines will be sorted. Alternatively you may acknowledge orders line by line (not in bulk) from the Tasks View. Learn more about Tasks.
2) Click the checkbox on each order line you would like to acknowledge. Remember each line on a PO will have it's own line within the dashboard.
You can make updates in bulk to all orders by checking the open box in the top row. This will select all lines in the current tab. This maybe very helpful when you are first getting started and may have pending PO Lines that you have already collaborated on outside of SourceDay. Acknowledge those orders in bulk will move them quickly out of your Pending Tab, more tips and tricks on bulk acknowledgement if you keep reading.
3) Select Acknowledge from the Choose an Action menu. If you need to propose any rejections or cancelations you may alternatively select the Reject/Cancel action.
4) Review Order Details
- Click the View Purchase Order link to access the PO Details View
- Click the Order History link to access the History log
- Click the View Attachments link to access all attached documents
- Click the blue order line bubble to minimize the order details for that specific PO Line
- You can click Collapse All to minimize all order details for all orders or click Expand All to open order details for all orders
5) Scroll down slightly to verify the Current Quantity, Cost, and Date or Propose Changes using the boxes on the right.
If you are able to accept the current requirements on an order you do not need to make any changes to the quantity, cost, or date fields in the Proposed Changes fields on the right.
If you are not able to meet the current requirements on an order then you can update the quantity, cost, and/or date by entering your proposed change(s) in the boxes on the right. These boxes will autofill with the current order details if there are no changes. Some Buyer Companies may require that you also select a root cause for any proposed changes. If so Root Cause will be an additional field with a dropdown menu for you to select from a list of reasons.
Some Buyer Companies may require that you enter a PO Ship Date at this time.
6) Enter a reason for all proposed changes in the Comment box
7) Click the Acknowledge button to submit your confirmations and proposed changes.
Orders that have been acknowledged without proposed changes will move out of your Pending tab and switch from a Pending status to an Ontime status. You will now be able to find these orders in your All Open tab.
Orders that have been acknowledged with proposed changes will move out of your Pending tab and will now appear in your Awaiting Response tab. These orders with proposed changes are currently waiting for your customer to accept or reject. These orders will also switch from a Pending status to an Ontime status.
Making Bulk Updates
Bulk Update gives suppliers the ability to propose the same quantity, cost, and/or date changes to all selected orders. Suppliers can also provide the same reason across the orders in the Comment box.
1) Click Bulk Update at the top of the window to access the update fields.
2) Enter bulk Quantity or Cost updates or select a bulk Date update from the date selector
3) Enter a bulk reason for the proposed changes in the Comments box
Once you start entering changes in bulk update, SourceDay will automatically start filling in those fields with your proposed changes for the order lines selected.
Pro Tip: For some users the bulk section will be collapsed, if you click the down arrow you will see the items that you can update across all orders. If you update a PO line after you have updated the bulk section, the value on the PO line will be the value saved.