Our company uses a specific format for GL entries. I need to be able to have SourceDay mimic those entries so that it makes sense in the ERP once the non PO invoice has moved from SourceDay into our ERP. How can I set up the GL account so that it shows the information I need?
We have built the Invoice Automation application so that GL accounts are based on your specific needs. You can add up to 10 segments or remove unused segments as needed in order to ensure the values from SourceDay match the values in your ERP.
How Do I Do It?
Adding GL Accounts only takes a few steps for the IA Admin or Clerk User:
- Click on the dropdown next to your name at the top of the screen and select Company Settings and then select GL Account Segments
- Select GL Account Segments
You will see 2 sections on this page, the top section, Defined Segmentations, are existing GL Account Segments already set up, the bottom section, Define New Segment, is where you will add any new segments needed. Please be sure to be descriptive so that the people using the app understand when and why to use the specific segmentation. You will be asked to assign segments to endpoints and sites if using multiples, if not, these options will not appear.
- The bottom section of the page is where you'll add Define a New Account
- Select the Integration endpoint (often only one option)
- Enter the Site Name (often only one option)
- Enter a Description
- Enter a Delimiter (how the segments are broken up like dash or colon)
- Enter at least one Segment Name; you can enter up to 10 Segments
- Click the Save button
For Example, a company using the segment structure of: Dept-CostCenter-Location-Project would look something like below. This step is just the structure or naming of the coding. Read Step 2 below to see how to enter the coding.
- Getting Started with Accounts Payable Non PO Invoices
- Step 2: How Do I Enter GL Accounts
- Step 3: How Do I Enter Payment Terms
Spotlighting New Functionality
- Non PO functionality is currently available for Syteline, Epicor (Cloud/OnPrem), Netsuite, Visual (Standard and Global Financials)
- Other ERPs will be added over time