There are options when deciding how to get non PO invoices into SourceDay and a lot of it will depend on how you are currently receiving invoices and if you are experiencing any issue with that current method. In this section we will walk you through the 2 options, however, you can also have some suppliers use one method and some the other, it's all up to you. This is also not permanent and can be changed as you begin using SourceDay for non PO invoices for indirect spend.
The two options for getting invoices into SourceDay are:
- Setting Up Suppliers to Email In Non PO Invoices
- Accountants Drag and Drop Invoices in To Be Processed
In the overall process, we are at this step:
What Should You Be Considering
In some instances, it is just easier to ask suppliers to email invoices into you versus them sending invoices to you and then you uploading your non PO invoices on their behalf.
SourceDay allows you to make changes after the invoice has been uploaded to assign payment terms and GL accounts, however, we do not allow you to change the quantities or costs. If you have suppliers that are not great at providing the correct cost and quantity, this might not be your best option. In that case, since you would need to get a new invoice to upload, it may be easier to do a manual check so you can upload it with confidence, not delete and request a new invoice. However, for your stable, perfectionist, low drama suppliers that you barely have to check, this can be a great way for you to save a step in the process.
Setting Suppliers Up To Email Invoices
There is one email address for your company when using non PO invoices vs one address per supplier on the PO side. This is because we do not have to set up company specific templates for non PO invoices since we are not completing the same 3 sided check that we are on the PO side. In order to set this up you would need to:
- Enable the setting to allow suppliers to email in invoices
- Copy the email address from that screen
- Provide it to suppliers
This is also a pretty simple drag and drop scenario. We often see where customers will save all invoices that need to be loaded in one folder on their desktop and when they are ready to submit they will select all files in the folder and drag and drop them into the AP platform. You can also upload them one at a time if that is your preference. Usually accountants choose this method when they just want an extra look prior to adding the invoices to SourceDay. Good news is there is no setup with this method, just choose the "New Non PO Invoice" button and add as few or as many files as you need processed.
Remember, you can also do a mix of these items, especially as you are getting started, in order to determine which method works best for you and your suppliers.
Now onto the fun part - Processing your first non PO invoice!
Included in This Series
- Getting Started with Accounts Payable Non PO Invoices - Overview
- Setting Up GL Segments, GL Accounts, and Payment Terms
- Deciding on How to Get Non PO Invoices into SourceDay - You are here
- Processing Your First Non PO Invoice
Spotlighting New Functionality
- Non PO functionality is currently available for the Visual, Netsuite, and Syteline ERPs. Since this is newly launched functionality, if you are interested in starting to use this functionality, please either click here to enter a ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This functionality is coming soon for Epicore (On-Prem and Cloud)
- Other ERPs will be added over time, but these will be the first launched to our customers