Tasks are a great way for suppliers to be able to really separate out the work that needs to be done on your POs. The best part is that tasks groups the work to be done into manageable pieces so that you can address all the items in a section and then move onto the next section.
In May of 2022 we updated how tasks works in order to better mirror the way that you currently complete work from the purchase order table. This allows you to learn one method of updating POs and then streamline that work whether you're looking at PO lines one by one in the Tasks View, or updating in bulk from the Purchase Orders View.
In this guide we will walk you through:
- How to see the Tasks section
- When to work in Tasks and when to work from the Purchase Order View
- We will go through each section and the actions available (as well as how they were previously organized)
Pro Tip: To see this in action with our step by step walk through click here.
Where Can I See It?
When you are on the Purchase Orders View you will see the Tasks button along with the number of tasks that are currently outstanding:
In order to get into the Tasks view, simply click on the "Tasks" button and the Tasks view will show up as your main view.
Once in the Tasks view you will see:
- The task sections (Note: These sections match the sections on the PO view in order to help you transition easily between views)
- The PO lines that need to be addressed
- The details for the PO line and the actions you can take in that section
You are also able to filter down to only the buyer companies that you would like to focus on. Simply click on Companies and it will show you a list of all companies that you have relationships with. The red circle will show you how many companies are currently being filtered on. If you do not select any companies to filter on, all PO lines for all companies will be shown.
Now For the Fun Part - Let's Start Learning
Now that you know how to get to the Tasks section, let's keep learning and move on to what actions can be completed from the various sections. Each section should take you 5 minutes or less to go through, and by the end you will be a tasks expert.
Next up - Understanding the Differences Between the Tasks and Purchase Orders View
In this guide we will go over:
- Understanding the Differences Between the Tasks and Purchase Orders View
- Understanding the Pending Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Updates Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Late Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Radar Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Hot Tab Under Tasks