Orders marked as hot may, or may not need updates. A buyer may mark an item as hot for several reasons:
- This is an important order and they want to ensure you have extra eyes on it
- There may have been a change that needs your attention
- The buyer may need you to expedite the order
Orders that have been marked as hot will display a flame icon under the Flags column. You will also see any items that are hot with the flame icon under updates when there are buyer changes that need to be addressed.
Understanding the View
When you are on the Tasks view, you can look at all orders that have a hot status under the Hot tab.
You can click through each PO line (in the middle column) which will change the PO details and actions that are displayed in the column on the right.
What Can I Do?
Acknowledge - Pending Orders that need your acknowledgement and are late will also be under the Late Tab. If you are acknowledging late orders you may need to propose new current dates or your buyer may permit late order acknowledgement.
- Show Me How - Understanding the Acknowledge Action
Accept/Propose Changes - Accept Buyer initiated changes, Confirm the order as is, or Propose Changes.
- Show Me How - Understanding the Accept/Propose Changes Action
Reject/Cancel - Allows you to reject or cancel the PO line, basically letting the buyer know that you cannot take on this order. NOTE: If you need to make changes to cost, quantity, or due date, do not cancel the order - simply use the acknowledge action to request changes to those values
- Show Me How - Understanding the Cancel Action
Propose Split Lines - Allows you to split lines and partially deliver an order if the entire order cannot be fulfilled. Note: Split lines will not be available to all suppliers, this is a buyer dependent setting
- Show Me How - Understanding the Split Lines Action
- Show Me How - How Can I Split an Order If My Buyer Doesn't Have Split Lines
Shipped/Ready to Ship - Allows you to mark an order as shipped or ready to ship. Note: Ready to Ship is only available to some suppliers.
- Show Me How - Understanding the Shipped Action
- Show Me How - Understanding Ready to Ship
- Show Me How - Understanding the Unship Action
Print PO - Allows you to choose between a PDF or excel print ready version of the PO
- Show Me How - Understanding the Print PO Action
Bulk Updating Hot Orders From the Purchase Orders Section
If you need to update a lot of hot orders at once, we recommend updating these orders in bulk which can only be completed from the Purchase Orders section.
- Show Me How - Updating POs with Buyer Changes and Rejections
- Overview - Understanding and Using Tasks
- Understanding the Differences Between the Tasks and Purchase Orders View
- Understanding the Pending Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Updates Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Late Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Radar Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Hot Tab Under Tasks - You are here
- Understanding the Message Tab Under Tasks