The late tab is where you will see all orders where the date for the order has passed. The date that is making the order late is dependent on settings that the buyer has set. If you enter ship date, the lateness is often based on that value, otherwise late can be based off of the due date, promise date, or vendor commit date. Your buyer will be able to clarify which date is causing this status. Also - buyers are able to set the range for late and this could actually be several days prior to the actual day being in the past.
You may also be receiving emails when your items hit a late status. In order to stop the emails you will need to set the date to a date in the future. If an item is in this tab it means that you will need to update this date in order to remove this item from the updates tab.
Understanding the View
When you are on the Tasks view, you can look at all orders that need to be updated due to a late status under the Late tab.
You can click through each PO line (in the middle column) which will change the PO details and actions that are displayed in the column on the right.
What Can I Do?
Acknowledge - Pending Orders that need your acknowledgement and are late will also be under the Late Tab. If you are acknowledging late orders you may need to propose new current dates or your buyer may permit late order acknowledgement.
- Show Me How - Understanding the Acknowledge Action
Accept/Propose Changes - Accept Buyer initiated changes, Confirm the order as is, or Propose Changes.
- Show Me How - Understanding the Accept/Propose Changes Action
Reject/Cancel - Allows you to reject or cancel the PO line, basically letting the buyer know that you cannot take on this order. NOTE: If you need to make changes to cost, quantity, or due date, do not cancel the order - simply use the acknowledge action to request changes to those values
- Show Me How - Understanding the Cancel Action
Propose Split Lines - Allows you to split lines and partially deliver an order if the entire order cannot be fulfilled. Note: Split lines will not be available to all suppliers, this is a buyer dependent setting
- Show Me How - Understanding the Split Lines Action
- Show Me How - How Can I Split an Order If My Buyer Doesn't Have Split Lines
Shipped/Ready to Ship - Allows you to mark an order as shipped or ready to ship. Note: Ready to Ship is only available to some suppliers.
- Show Me How - Understanding the Shipped Action
- Show Me How - Understanding Ready to Ship
Print PO - Allows you to choose between a PDF or excel print ready version of the PO
- Show Me How - Understanding the Print PO Action
Message - Add a message, see any conversations in process for the PO line
- Show Me How - Understanding the Messaging Action
Bulk Updating Late Orders From the Purchase Orders Section
If you need to update a lot of late orders at once, we recommend updating these orders in bulk which can only be completed from the Purchase Orders section.
- Show Me How - Updating POs with Buyer Changes and Rejections
- Show Me How - How to Mark Orders as Shipped
Next up - Understanding the Radar Tab
- Overview - Understanding and Using Tasks
- Understanding the Differences Between the Tasks and Purchase Orders View
- Understanding the Pending Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Updates Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Late Tab Under Tasks - You are here
- Understanding the Radar Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Hot Tab Under Tasks
- Understanding the Message Tab Under Tasks