You've got your users set up and you're ready to get going, but wait...first you need to decide what products you want to appear in Quality as requiring an inspection. (All items will show in Quality until the PO line is closed in your ERP) The joy is that you can choose to put every product through Quality or focus on those that cause you trouble. As you're getting started we recommend starting with 1 or 2 products unless you already have a process and questions in place for your organization. We see that people usually either go crazy entering every question under the sun (which will not make your receivers happy) or they may not be asking the right question. Since you set questions based on the product, you can customize these as much as you like per product.
Choosing Your Quality Settings
This is a setting that only the account owner or admins have access to. But it that's you, let's move forward.
1) Log into PO Collaboration
2) Click on the arrow next to your name at the top right of the page
3) Choose "Account Settings"
4) Click on "Quality Item Settings" from the Left Nav - you will now see all existing settings,
5) Make any modifications needed, the explanations for each option are listed out below.
Setting Up Your Failure Reasons
This table contains the reason for failures that will show up in Quality. as well as if that reason is active, who created it an when.
- If you want to change the order of what order the failure options will appear, just drag and drown the lines up and down to change the order.
- If you want to delete an item, you are able to from this screen, but it is much better to just inactivate the item versus deleting. Inactivating can be undone, deleting cannot be undone.
These Failure Reasons will appear under the Steps section and Failure Reason column when a step has failed on an inspection.
This will make more sense once we get into the application.
Setting Up Your Products
The "Quality Items" section will contain all Item names for products that you have had PO lines for. You can choose to activate all of these as requiring inspections, or a subset. As mentioned before, we recommend to start with a few items if you do not have a clear process already in place. However, you are able to add as many in as you would like. In order to ensure that we keep this section in that 5-10 minute range, we are going to continue choosing your items and adding your questions in the next section.
- Overview - Getting Started with Quality
- How Do I Request Quality and Set Up My Users
- How Do I Configure My Quality Settings - You Are Here
- How Do I Choose My Items and Populate the Questions
- Understanding the Buyer Quality Dashboard
- Understanding the Supplier Quality Dashboard
- How Do I Perform an Inspection
- How Do I Perform an SCR the Buyer Side
- How Do I Complete an SCR on the Supplier Side
- How Do I See How My Suppliers Are Doing
The Quality product is no longer being actively developed or supported by SourceDay. However, existing customers are able to request the ability to use Quality, until it is sunset, at no cost. At this point there is no planned date for end of life for this product. We will not make any modifications to the software and support may be limited to core functionality.