Why would Tracking Number not appear as a field in the header when I am trying to ship my items?
The shipping template is set by the buyer for all supplier companies that they work with. This is a decision based on how "most" of their suppliers ship to them.
The reasons a buyer would want to choose to add tracking number to the header
- If most suppliers send a single box at a time on a single ASN
- If most suppliers send a single pallet at a time on a single ASN
The reasons a buyer would not want to choose to add a tracking number to the header
- If most suppliers send one or multiple boxes under a single ASN or as part of a shipment
- If suppliers are sending multiple pallets under a single ASN or as part of a shipment
If the buyer does business differently with their different suppliers you may see tracking number appear in both the header and the line item. In this case, if a supplier places the tracking number in the header, it will copy to all of the selected rows, the supplier then has the option to update it at the row level as well. Whatever information is at the line level when an item is marked as shipped will be what is saved to the record.
- How to print shipping labels
- I am sending different quantities in each of my boxes, how do I do that?