If I do not want to delete the excess information from my imports file, will it break anything?
The short answer is likely yes, the long answer is maybe? It all depends on what type of information you are trying to import into SourceDay. We have seen the most success for suppliers who base their import files on the types of actions they are doing.
- Acknowledging Orders
- Export from the Pending tab
- Updating Orders
- Export from the Updates Tab
- Shipping Orders
- Export from the Radar or Updates Tab
If you leave a lot of "extra" information to save time, you will likely spend more time trying to figure out why it is not working as expected:
- There are checks that are being completed when the information is not changing
- You could accidently update something you didn't mean to if time has passed from when you exported the file and when it's imported (possibly by another user)
- You don't have as clear of a view as to what is being updated