What Are We Trying to Accomplish?
SourceDay has rolled out two powerful features designed to give the user, both Buyers and Suppliers, greater insight to the happenings of their POs. With the new Update Types column and the Update Types Filter, users can now see the propose types from the PO Dashboard and filter to view only specific types of proposed changes. This gives you the ability to quickly identify which actions need to be taken on a PO line, which POs you've already proposed a change to, or filter to only the PO lines with changes relevant to the user.
For example, if the buyer is only responsible for cost changes, they can filter POs with "Supplier Proposed Cost" and the planner who is responsible for qty and date can filter POs with "Supplier Proposed Date" and "Supplier Proposed Qty".
Suppliers can better track POs they've proposed changes to from any tab and Buyers can see their proposed changes as well. Together these filters are a great way to quickly identify why a PO is in your Updates Tab, Awaiting Response Tab, or what's happening on these late orders.
First, Let's Enable the Update Type Column on Your Dashboard
1. Click Manage Columns in the upper left corner under Purchase Orders from the PO Dashboard.
2. Scroll down to find Update Types, click the grey button to enable it. The button will turn blue when the column is turned on and displayed in the dashboard. Remember you can rearrange the order columns are by dragging and dropping the column name under Manage Columns.
Now the Dashboard will list the type of unsettled update on a specific PO Line.
- Supplier Propose Cost - will display POs with pending supplier proposed cost changes
- Supplier Proposed Date - will display POs with pending supplier proposed date changes
- Supplier Proposed Qty - will display POs with pending supplier proposed qty changes
- Supplier Proposed Cancel - will display POs with pending supplier proposed cancellations
- Buyer Proposed Cost - will display POs with pending buyer proposed cost changes
- Buyer Proposed Date - will display POs with pending buyer proposed date changes
- Buyer Proposed Qty - will display POs with pending buyer proposed qty changes
- Buyer Proposed Cancel - will display POs with pending buyer proposed cancellations
- Unread Messages for Buyer - will display POs with unread messages sent to the buyer
- Unread Messages for Supplier - will display POs with unread messages sent to the supplier
- Other Updates for Supplier
- Other Updates for Buyer
The "Other Updates" options include tab-based notifications, supplier acknowledgements, proposed splits, and ERP changes from the buyer.