Now is where the magic happens. This is where we will start the changes that will result in bulk updates to your PO lines and releases. You can do 3 basic tasks using imports:
- Acknowledge POs, lines and releases
- Make updates to PO line item values (these will result in items moving to "Awaiting Response" as the buyer will need to acknowledge the changes)
- Add shipping information for the PO line items
Be sure that you have values for required fields. If you're unsure if a value is required, the first time you run the file it will let you know that a specific value is required. The main fields you must always include are: PO, PO line, and (if it contains a value) PO Release. Required values are dependent on buyer decisions and mainly only apply to shipping details. If you have multiple buyers, your best bet is to include all of the required fields so that you do not need to complete a template for each buyer.
Adding Your Changes to the Template File
- Open up your file that you just downloaded from the "Reports" section - this is your export of the All Open items
- Now open the template that you created in the first step (this will likely be in your downloads file unless you saved it elsewhere)
- Copy the information you need from the Reports download into your template download - be sure to grab PO, PO Line, & PO Release (if using) so we can match your updates or shipping to the correct PO Order line
- Now to the fun part of updating the template - use the definitions below to update the template file and then save the file for the next step
For PO Lines Where You Are Acknowledging Only - No Updates
- You only need the PO, PO Line, and PO Release fields filled in, all other columns can remain blank
For PO Lines Where You Are Acknowledging and Updating
- You need to copy the PO, PO Line, PO Release from a Pending Tab export
- Then add information in the body of the template to the fields where you are proposing a change with your acknowledgement
- For Price changes use the Cost Prop Field
- For Quantity changes use the Qty Prop Field
- For Date changes (including ship date if applicable) use the Vendor Commit Date field
For PO Lines Where You Are Adding Shipping
- You need to fill in the PO, PO Line, PO Release, the ship date, the box quantity and the quantity per box and any other shipping details required by your buyer*
NOTE: If you do not have any acknowledgements, changes for the line or changes to the shipments, do not add that line to the template.
We're Almost There! - Getting Started With Supplier Imports in PO: Uploading the Template and Mapping the Fields
* NOTE: If you are a supplier for Dell, you can run this file without the Shipped Date column and the the shipped date will default to the date the file is run. This will only work for Dell suppliers.