We know all too well that in the life cycle of a Purchase Order changes happen. Staying on top of these changes can be difficult. With SourceDay Suppliers are able to stay up-to-date when Buyers make changes to PO Line or when buyers reject a supplier's proposed change. When this happens SourceDay will send an email notification to the supplier informing them of PO Lines requiring action. In this email notification, there will be a link that will take Suppliers to their Updates tab within Sourceday. From there Suppliers simply need to accept or confirm the orders new details or propose changes as needed.
Let's Take A Look At Your Updates Tab
Rejected Supplier Proposed Changes
When the buyer rejects a proposed change you have made on an order you will receive a notification and the order will appear in your Updates tab with notes from the buyer. The Supplier will need to either confirm the original order requirements or propose a new change to the order for your buyer to review, using the Update (soon to be Accept/Propose Changes) action. Coming Soon: The last message on these orders will read: "Buyer rejected rejected date, price proposal(s), please review the PO and confirm current values are good. If not, please propose changes to the buyer." Keep reading to see exactly how to respond.
Rejected changes will appear in red under the Cost Prop, Qty Prop, and Vendor Commit columns. If you don't see those columns be sure to learn how to Manage Columns by clicking here.
Buyer Made Changes
When your buyer makes a change to the Cost, Quantity, or Due Date/Ship Date within their ERP system you will receive a notification and the order will appear in your Updates tab. This can cause confusion because the change is made immediately to the PO. Coming Soon: To add to the clarity, the last message will read: "Change made by Buyer Name. Changed due date, qty, or price please review the PO and confirm current values are good. If not, please propose changes to the buyer." Keep reading to see exactly how to respond.
When buyers make these changes to the PO, they are looking for a Supplier Confirmation. Essentially the supplier just needs to confirm these changes or propose new values using the using the Update (soon to be Accept/Propose Changes) action.
To learn more about upcoming Supplier Confirm action click here.
Buyer Proposed Changes
When your buyer proposes a change to the Cost, Quantity, or Due Date/Ship Date within SourceDay the Supplier will receive a notification and the order will appear in your Updates tab. Changes made by the buyer will appear in red under the Cost, Qty Ordered, and Due Date or Vendor Commit/PO Ship Date columns. You will need to accept these changes or propose new values using the Update (soon to be Accept/Propose Changes) action. Keep reading to see exactly how to respond.
Late, Pending, or Radar Orders
Orders that are Late or have been Pending for 1 day or more, and orders that have moved to Radar will also be in your Updates tab. There are no changes for you to review on these orders. This is a courtesy notification from SourceDay reminding you that you need to take action on these orders. Pending orders will need to be acknowledged. Late orders need to be shipped or updated with a new proposed due/ship date from you. Radar orders are approaching their due date and will need to be confirmed, changes proposed, or should be updated with shipping information soon.
Hover over the Messages/Notes icon under the Flags column to review the last message on the order line and preview the reason provided to you by your customer for a change or rejection.
Pro Tip: Be sure to enable the column Order Status & Updates Type to better understand why an order is in your Updates Tab. To see how click here.
How Do I Do Respond to Proposed Changes and/or Rejections?
1) From the Updates tab click the checkbox on each order line you would like to respond to or you can make updates in bulk to all orders by checking the open box in the top row. This will select all lines in the current tab. Remember if an order is Pending the only Action available on the Action Menu is Acknowledge. Be sure to first acknowledge these orders. To review how click here. Orders that are Late may not have any changes.
2) Select Update (soon to be Accept/Propose Changes) from the Choose an Action menu. Then just like when you first acknowledged the order you can review the order details and corresponding information. Pay close attention to the Last Message - this will indicate if the buyer is rejecting your previously proposed change or if they have made changes to the PO.
3) Review the Current, Last Committed, and Buyer Proposed order values.
Current - These are the current values on the order. When responding to an update these are the values you will be committing to on the order.
Last Committed - These are the last values you committed to on an order.
Buyer Proposed - These are the last proposed changes your buyer made on an order. This column may be blank - depending on where the buyer made the change.
4) To Accept Buyer Changes use the blue toggle button just above the Proposed Changes boxes. Alternatively if you need to counter propose changes toggle this off and enter the values in the boxes below. Not every change will have this button. If the buyer changed the order within their ERP , then the details in the Current column have been changed. If that is the case you can simply click submit to re-confirm these new details.
If the PO values are ok, select Confirm or Accept. Alternatively, you can select Propose or Hold.
- Confirm lets your buyer know you can meet the new terms of the order *coming soon
- Accept lets you buyer know that you accept their proposed change
- Propose will enable suppliers to counter propose changes, you'll need to toggle of the "Accept Buyer Changes" with the blue toggle button just above the Proposed Changes boxes.
- Hold will simply keep the order line in the suppliers update tab without any actions take on that line. If you've selected multiple orders to review this feature allows to take actions on the other order lines while holding this one.
5) Click the Submit button to send your proposed changes to your buyer for approval or click the Cancel button to exit the menu box
Once an update or value is accepted SourceDay will update the order with all updated values and move that order out of your Updates tab. Any changes you proposed will send this order line back to your buyer for review (and move it to your Awaiting Response tab).
Making Bulk Update
Remember you can always work in bulk using the Bulk Update feature at the top of the window. This gives suppliers the ability to accept all buyer proposed changes or to propose the same quantity, cost, and/or date changes to all selected orders. Suppliers can also provide the same reason across the orders in the Comment box.
1) Click Bulk Update to access the update fields
2) Toggle Accept All Buyer Changes to accepted all changes made by the buyer
Alternatively, you may propose bulk Quantity or Cost updates or select a bulk Date update from the date selector - once you enter changes in bulk update Source Day will fill in those fields on all orders selected with your proposed changes.
4) Enter a bulk reason for the proposed changes in the Comments box