What Am I Trying To Accomplish?
We now allow buyers to make changes to an RFQ's item section "in-flight", or while the RFQ has status of Published.
Previously, if a buyer needed to make changes to an RFQ's items, they'd be required to "Close & Revise" the original RFQ, which would notify the vendor that the RFQ was no longer active. Then the buyer would need to create a duplicate RFQ, make their changes, and resend the RFQ to vendors. This was confusing to vendors because they would not know that the only changes between the first and second RFQ was something as simple as a changed quantity on one item, or a new item added.
With this is new feature buyers will be able to make changes to the Items Section of the RFQ (fields like description, quantity, etc).
How Do I Edit the Items Section?
- Under the Bid Settings of a Published RFQ the BUYER clicks "Revise Items"
- The RFQ's status will automatically change from Published to Published (Pending Updates)
- In this status the BUYER can make changes to the RFQ's items section, like a Draft, without the Supplier seeing any of the changes yet
- BUYER makes changes to the RFQ's items
- The buyer may Edit an Item, Add a new Item, or Delete an item
- Any changes show up on the items table (red text indicates a deletion and green an addition or change)
- BUYER clicks Submit Items to submit the changes to the suppliers
- Note: The buyer can also Cancel the revised RFQ and return to the original RFQ
- The revised RFQ now returns to Published status
What Will Suppliers Experience?
- The Suppliers that have previously submitted a response to the original RFQ will receive an email notifying them that a revision has occurred
- SUPPLIERS that have already submitted a response to the original RFQ will see the revised RFQ as Revised status on their Dashboard
- SUPPLIERS have the opportunity to edit their previously submitted quote:
- Just like buyers, Suppliers will see which changes have occurred to the RFQ:
- For items whose part # was also part of the original RFQ (Edited items or items with no changes), the previously values will be saved
- therefore, the supplier only needs to make changes to new items
- SUPPLIERS will then click Submit to Buyer when they've completed their response
What Happens if I Need to View a Response to the Old RFQ?
- Buyers can still view the previous RFQ and any quotes submitted before the revision by clicking on the "Previous RFQ" button
- On the old RFQ, submissions can always be viewed by clicking on the submissions icon
- Navigate back to the revised RFQ by clicking "Next Revision"
- Note: this is especially useful when there have been more than 1 RFQ revision and buyers need to view all changes that occurred